The Lodge at Spruce Peak - Pet Policy
Here at The Lodge at Spruce Peak, your dog is not only a beloved family of your family, but our family, and we appreciate you bringing your dog to your home away from home. Please familiarize yourself with some of The Lodge's basic guidelines, as we strive to make your stay and that of our other guests as enjoyable as possible.
There is a non-refundable Dog-Fee of $100 per-night to be added when you book your room. This fee includes a welcome amenity of a dog-bed and chew toy at check in.
The Lodge at Spruce Peak Pet Policy
- Not all guestrooms can accommodate travelers with dogs. Please call our reservations department directly for assistance in booking a dog-friendly room.
- Dogs may not be left alone in the guest room at any time. Please contact the Concierge prior to arrival if you need assistance in scheduling pet-sitting services.
- In the event that The Lodge at Spruce Peak incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times on the hotel premises.
- Dogs are not permitted in the hotel restaurants, near the pool or pool deck, or other interior-public areas with the exception of arriving and departing through the main or upper lobbies.
- Please clean up after your dog. Biodegradable waste bags are provided for you at Guest Reception.
- If additional cleaning is needed for bedding, carpeting, or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your dog, all related charges will be billed to your credit card on file at the Front Desk.
- Daily housekeeping service is provided between 8:30a-4:30p and turn-down service is provided between 5:30p-9:00p. Please contact Guest Reception to schedule a time for daily cleaning or turn-down that is convenient for you and your dog.
- We cannot accept guests with cats. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Lodge at Spruce Peak reserves the right to deny acceptance of any "dog guest" particularly in unfortunate situations where the dog becomes "unwelcome" due to aggressive behavior or disturbing other guests.
(The Penthouses and luxury Residences cannot accommodate travelers with dogs)