Happy holidays from Spruce Peak!
The holiday season is upon us, which means our iconic Poinsettia Tree is on display in all its glory.
This tree is made of real poinsettia plants! Poinsettia's are beautiful flowers, but very delicate. We encourage photos with this beautiful backdrop, but please refrain from touching the plants.
Share your photos with us by using the hashtag #OurSprucePeak
About Spruce Peak's Poinsettia Tree
- The Annual Holiday Poinsettia Tree has been a staple of The Lodge at Spruce Peak since its opening in 2008.
- The tree is composed of over 400 individual Poinsettia plants, and stands 17 feet high.
- Each poinsettia is real, and is watered by our team meticulously every day
- Despite their reputation as a winter holiday staple, Poinsettias are native to Mexico. They are found in the wild in deciduous tropical forest at moderate elevations from southern Sinaloa down the entire Pacific coast of Mexico to Chiapas and Guatemala.
- Poinsettias are part of the Euphorbiaceae or Spurge family. Botanically, the plant is known as Euphorbia pulcherrima.
- There are more than 100 varieties of poinsettias available today. Poinsettias come in colors like the traditional red, white, pink, burgundy, marbled and speckled.