Fishing Tours are available as an off-site excursion through our partner vendors.
For questions or assistance in booking please call Spruce Peak Outfitters at 802-760-4061.
Vermont is home to over 90 species of fish, from walleye to trout, and more! The waterways surrounding Spruce Peak and Stowe offer anglers a bountiful experience in the deepest, most beautiful, parts of nature.
Fly Rod Shop
At The Fly Rod Shop, they offer a variety of both fly fishing and spin fishing instructional classes along with multiple options for guided fishing adventures. They encourage first time fly fisherman to take a free casting clinic at the shop where they go over the basic equipment for fly fishing and techniques needed to master the sport.
"Live like a Local" Featured Tours*:
Fly Fishing Tours
- Our most popular program here at The Fly Rod Shop is our instructional fly fishing tours. This program will start off here at the shop where you will be fitted for boots and waders if you don’t already have them, and beginners will have a short casting lesson on our trout pond to learn both the roll cast and false cast. One of our experienced guides will then take you to one of our many fishing spots where you will learn the techniques as you fish! Your guide will show you how and where to make the perfect cast, how to mend the line, how to get a great drift, and most importantly, where to find the fish!
- You will also be shown the different types of aquatic insects that can be found in the river and how to choose a fly that best matches what the fish want to eat. Depending on the fishing location you could possibly catch Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, and Smallmouth Bass. All of the gear will be provided by The Fly Rod Shop unless you wish to bring your own.
- These trips are available in both half days (4hrs) and full days (8hrs). Whether you are just learning how to fly fish or you are simply looking for a local to show you some great spots, sign up for an instructional trip today!
- Included in Price: All equipment, gear, and bait, as well as transportation to Secret Fishin' Hole
- Bring your own: comfortable clothing, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water and snacks, rain gear, and hat
- Not included: Vermont fishing license and gratuity for guide.
- License is mandatory for all anglers 15+. Non Residents: $21/day, State Residents $28/year
- For Ages 2+ with adults | All skill levels welcome
- Price varies by tour size and duration. Visit Fly Rod's Website for Details
- This "Live Like A Local" tour must be booked direct with The Fly Rod Shop
EXPLORE FLY ROD SHOP'S WEBSITE
*Live Like a Local Featured Tours
These off-site excursions highlight the best our local adventure partners have to offer. Length of activity does not include estimated travel time. Either sign up for a featured activity, or explore other options by these preferred local vendors. These activities may have their own cancellation penalties and fees. Call Spruce Peak Outfitters at 802-760-4061 or email btvdh-SPO@hyatt.com for reservations and information.
Page Updated 10/12/2022