At the Lodge at Spruce Peak, the safety and wellbeing of our guests, owners, members and colleagues is of paramount importance. As we look forward to welcoming you back, we want to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure care and cleanliness on your next visit.
We are pleased to partner with Hyatt Hotels on a Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment which further enhances existing operational guidance and resources around colleague, guest and owner safety and peace of mind. This multilayered commitment builds upon existing rigorous protocols and included an accreditation process by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC). Learn more about this commitment and how we act upon it by visiting Hyatt.com.
As we prioritize safety and wellbeing this summer, the guest journey and the availability of amenities is going to be different than in past seasons. We are committed to proactive and transparent communication process from the point of reservation through check-out in an effort to give each guest an opportunity to maximize their experience in safe and healthy manner.
Below are some of the procedural changes we will be implementing for your safety and the safety of our colleagues.
Don't forget to pack your masks!
By mandate of the State of Vermont, masks are required while indoors or in the presence of others. A limited number of disposable masks will be available at check-in for guests who have forgotten their own. Thank you for your understanding.
Front Desk / Check In & Check Out
- Each guest will be contacted prior to arrival to explain our updated hygiene and safety efforts, new parking procedures, and grocery store purchase options
- 6 foot floor markers are in place to act as a guide for appropriate guest distancing
- Pens available at the front desk will be placed in a 72 hour quarantine and sanitized after each use
- Credit cards and photo IDs are not handled by front desk staff
- Credit card machines are sanitized after each use
- Front Desk Agents are stationed to allow for optimal spacing of employees and guests
- All Front Desk staff are required to wear gloves and masks. Gloves are changed after every guest interaction
- All room keys are placed in a 72 hour quarantine and sanitized after use
- The front desk is sanitized every 15 minutes
- A welcome letter outlining the safety, hygienic, and operational changes is provided to each guest upon arrival
Bell Service & Parking
- All Bell and Door staff are required to wear gloves and masks. Gloves are changed after every guest interaction
- Door staff will greet guests upon arrival to explain changes in parking and bell service options
- Guests are encouraged to handle their own luggage or opt for a modified “full-service” option - luggage will be delivered to the room via service elevator for the guests to retrieve from the hallway
- Luggage carts are sanitized after each use
- Onsite, self-parking is available for guest use
Common & Community Areas
- A member of the housekeeping staff is stationed in the lobby throughout the day to disinfect furniture and counter tops with EPA registered disinfectant
- Common area bathrooms are for guests only and are sanitized every 20 minutes or based on guest flow
- Hand sanitizing stations are located by elevators and at all outlet entrance points
- Lobby and outdoor furniture has been rearranged to allow for appropriate social distancing in a comfortable environment
Maintenance & Guest Service Calls
- All Maintenance staff are required to wear gloves and masks for all service calls
- A Maintenance staff member will enter the room only when the situation requires. If work is required in the room, we will schedule a time to perform that work when the guest is not present. The 6 foot spacing guideline is followed when servicing a room.
Spruce Peak Staff
- COVID-19 safety & hygiene process training is mandatory for all staff before being scheduled to work
- It is mandatory for all staff to follow guidelines from the State of Vermont and Hyatt regarding personal hygiene guidelines and PPE requirements
- Any staff member returning from out of state will be quarantined for 14 days before returning to work as required by law
- Wellness checks are performed upon staff arrival to shift Uniforms, clothing, aprons, hats, etc. may only be worn once prior to laundering
- All Housekeeping staff are required to wear gloves and masks. Gloves are changed after every guestroom cleaning
- In the interest of health and safety, no mid-stay service is currently being provided. Trash removal and amenity delivery is available upon request.
- Guestrooms are placed out of order for 24 hours after use wherever possible in order to disinfect with EPA approved disinfectant
- A new bottle of hand sanitizer is placed in every room upon guest arrival EPA approved sanitizing misting is performed before cleaning a guestroom
- All guestroom linens are bagged in guestrooms prior to removal
- All paper products or amenities set up for multi-use are removed from the room, including compendiums, magazines, and in-room dining menus. These will be replaced with digital offerings
- Due to occupancy limitations, reservations are highly encouraged for all meal periods.
- Disposable menus are provided to avoid the use of individual, reused menus
- Pre-packaged and to-go options are available at restaurants
- Restaurant tables are not set until guests arrive
- All silverware is rolled and placed on the table after guests arrives
- Seating is arranged in a social distancing format throughout the restaurant and bar area
- All Table top items, such as condiments, are pre-packaged Servers and bartenders are required to wear facemasks and gloves at all times
- Chairs and tables are wiped down with EPA approved disinfectant after each seating
- Servers and bartenders are required to practice social distancing with guests
The Pantry & Beanery
- All condiments are held behind the counter and only handled by staff wearing PPE
- Customer flow is limited and controlled
- Grocery purchase is available and offered prior to arrival as well as at check-in
- Only single-use to-go ware in a disposable bag is used
- Servers are required to wear gloves and masks at all times. Gloves are replaced after each delivery
- Delivery process is confirmed over the phone when order is made
Golf - The Mountain Course & Stowe Country Club
- Guests are required to stay in cars until 30 minutes prior to their tee time
- Guests may only use the practice facilities if they booked a tee time in advance, and only 30 minutes prior to that tee time
- Only the golfer may handle his/her clubs Practice Tee is set and staffed to ensure social distancing and proper sanitization
- Balls are new for each golfer and disinfected after each use
- Golf staff will monitor teeing area to avoid congregation and inform guests of our policies and local rules
- Only four golfers allowed in a group
- Tee times are spaced out by 15 minute intervals
- Signage is posted to explain social distancing guidelines, areas of closure, proper traffic flow, cleaning and sanitization areas, as well as what symptoms to look for if you are feeling ill
- Golf carts are setup for only one individual player or two players if both guests have domiciled/quarantined together for at least the past 14 days
- Golfer must use own clubs, as rentals are not available
- Flagsticks remain in the hole, and pool noodles are installed making ball retrieval easy and touchless
- Bunker rakes, ball washes, trashcans, penalty area stakes, sand containers, water coolers, scorecards, pencils, and all other touch points on the course are removed
- Scorekeeping is available through USGA GHIN mobile app. Instructions provided upon check-in.
The Spa at Spruce Peak
- All staff is required to take VOSHA training prior to working
- All staff is required to wear gloves & masks
- Gloves are replaced after each guest interaction
- Tupperware bins are provided for guests to put belongings in upon check in.
- All staff is required to change tops, aprons, etc. between clients
- In order to properly clean with EPA approved disinfectant, there is a 30 minutes break between bookings
- Guests are provided with a wellness kit upon check in. This will include a bottle of water, gloves, and a disposable mask. Outside food and beverage is not allowed.
- There are no personal belongings of staff members in the spa
- All bookings are pre-booked
- Guest wellness checks are conducted upon arrival
- Only credit card payments are used in order to avoid the handling of cash
- In order to ensure guest comfort, social distancing is enforced in the relaxation room
- Locker rooms have been sanitized with EPA approved disinfectant and all amenities have been replaced prior to opening
- All lockers have been sanitized with EPA approved disinfectant and robes and slippers have been replaced prior to opening
- All equipment, furniture and surfaces are disinfected on a 30 minute rotation
- Showers, bathrooms and vanities are disinfected on a 30 minute rotation
- All shared amenities in communal areas are removed
- Guests have the option to forgo access to communal areas and go directly to treatment room
The Fitness Center
- Reservations are required for fitness center use and occupancy will be limited based upon state requirements
- Equipment will be put out of order to allow for required social distancing
- Equipment is disinfected with EPA approved disinfectant after each use
- Signage is provided to encourage social distancing and share rules & guidelines for using the fitness center
The Pool at Spruce Peak
- The number of chairs/persons at the pool will be limited to comply with social distancing requirements and to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests, owners, and colleagues
- A finite number of seating “stations” - comprised of no more than 6 chairs - will be established around the pool deck
- Access to the pool will be available on a “reservation-only” basis, with the spa desk managing the seating “stations” and reservations
- Guests will be limited to a maximum of 1 hour and 45 minutes at the pool - with a 15 minute allotted time slot for sanitization between reservations.
- Guests will recieve a 15-minute warning from a pool attendant ahead of their scheduled departure time
- Reservations will be staggered by 15 minutes to allow appropriate cleaning and sanitization of each station between use
- Guests will need to check in at the spa desk at the time of their reservation and will then be escorted to their assigned station
- Weather or weather-related closures will not ‘shift’ the reservations time or duration. A guest could ‘lose’ the entire reserved pool window to a lightning closure for example
- Signage will be required at each ‘auxiliary’ access point to direct guests/owners to the spa or spa number for reservations
- ‘Reserved’ signage at each station will be utilized
- The Pool is reserved for Lodge and Spa Guests only