There are so many great items in our pantry to help us relax. Here are a list of items you can use at home to create Wellness in your home.
- Tea bags – great for soaking in! Black Tea is great for reducing heat in the body that comes from stress
- Chamomile – calms the nervous system and allows you to be more grounded
- Peppermint – amazing to inhale for deeper breathing
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt – Detoxing and purifying
- Left over coffee grounds mixed with olive or sesame oil - for an invigorating scrub
*Add a dash of vanilla to your home scrub for a warming scent
Now that you have the supplies that are calling to you, run a bath to a temperature that best suits your needs. Add you tea bags and/ or salt and submerge yourself in the tub.
Close your eyes and take 5 slow deep breathes. Try and clear your mind of any thoughts and focus on your breath.
Now that your warm and calm enjoy your scrub or continue to relax as you enjoy your soak.
Once you have relaxed for the desired amount of time towel dry and wrap yourself in a heavy blanket for 30 minutes to sweat out any toxins.
Remember to drink water to keep you hydrate during your wellness ritual.
Stay well. - Jess Swartley, Spa Director at The Spa at Spruce Peak
Give the gift of mountainside relaxation. Now through December 31, 2020, receive a $50 Spa Credit (applicable on treatments and purchases over $150) for every gift card purchase of $300 or more.